An ever growing collection of virtual backdrops for use in video call apps. Expressions of optimism and art by the world's best designers, illustrators, animators, photographers, filmmakers and artists.
One moment you find yourself obsessing over trivia, the next the world is in total crisis. And since that moment, life has turned upside down.
Whether for work or personal use, many of us spent the last weeks in and out of video conference calls.
Far from ideal. But it sparked an idea.
An ever growing collection of virtual backdrops for use in video call apps. Expressions of optimism and art by the world’s best designers, illustrators, animators, photographers, filmmakers and artists.
Adding some much needed creativity to video conferences whilst also raising awareness for the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund and promoting artists and their art. Everybody benefits.
Feel free to donate when you download.
A very special thanks to all participating artists.
GotYourBack is a …,staat ♥ project
With the kind support of: Pangram Pangram Foundry (type face) — Bourdrez Law (legal advice) — Pieter de Jong (website development)
For press inquiries, more information, digital hugs, or if you want to participate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: @gyb.2020
Call for entries
Want to participate? We would love that!
Download the details here.
1. All copyrights and other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”) on our website gotyourback.space (“Website”), vested in the artworks, such as photographic images, illustrations, animations, audio and/or film (“Content”) remain with the owners of these artworks (“Rights holders”). All Intellectual Property Rights vested in the Website, which includes the software, interface and compilation of all Content, remains with gotyourback.space.
2. Gotyourback.space grants you a revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free license to download Content from our Website, and place the downloaded Content on the background of your own video conference tool (“License”).
3. The following is not permitted:
a. to use the Content for any purpose other than the background of your own video conference tool;
b. to amend the Content, such as but not limited to cropping, changing the colouring, deleting or adding text or images;
c. to use the Content for the promotion of any business, product and/or service;
d. to suggest any endorsement or other connection between you and the Rights holder or gotyourback.space.
e. to sell or otherwise commercially exploit the Content;
f. to use the Content directly or indirectly in an offensive, pornographic, obscene, political, immoral, defamatory or libellous context;
g. to reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in such technology or software; and/or
h. to engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods.
4. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any Content at any time and for any reason.
5. Upon our request, you will immediately remove any Content from your video conference tool, as well as from your server or other device.
6. We may amend, terminate or suspend with immediately effect (the services offered via) our Website, at any time and for any reason.
7. Our Content is offered ‘as is’. We offer no warranty, express or implied in relation to the information provided on our Website, including the Content or that our Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
8. Gotyourback.space is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by any third party conference call service and the use of Gotyourback.space does not imply any license or other right in relation to any such third party intellectual property rights.
9. Gotyourback.space excludes to the fullest extent possible its liability arising out or in connection with (the use of) (the Content of) our Website.
10. You indemnify and hold gotyourback.space harmless from and against any and all loss, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting directly or indirectly from your violation of these terms or any third party claim following your violation of these terms.
11. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify (parts of) these Terms, which changes will become effective immediately. By continuing the use of Content, you accept these changes.
12. The laws of the Netherlands are applicable and the courts of Amsterdam have exclusive jurisdiction.
Please bear in mind: the wilful infringement of someone else’s copyrights constitutes a criminal offence under most national laws. For this, but especially because we all need art and the artists, especially now, respect their rights, always and unconditionally. Thank you!
After a download, feel free to donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.